My pronouns are he/him. I do stuff with computers. I live in Austin, TX.
I’m a dad. I love jokes, especially dad jokes. But that was before I was a dad and it’s only gotten worse since.
I love everything game (board and digital and role-playing)
I dig on plain text formats, productivity, and knowledge management.
I’m a musician. I’ve played the piano since I was very young, and I very much like making music with things that look like trackers.
I like keyboards that make too much noise, especially ergodox keyboards.
I like to think I’m a mentor, but I’m still learning how to do that myself from people who are really good at it.
I can be found pretty much everywhere fine Internets are made as
drhayes or some variation.
In particular, you can email me at email@example.com or chat me at my Keybase chat or at my Telegram address you weirdo.
You could also use my public inbox or email me at ~firstname.lastname@example.org to get a post started. It’s this idea that I found via Eric Bower that I thought I’d try out.
Here are some likely haunts:
This site is generated in Eleventy, which rules.
- Here is the site’s git repository.
- neovim is where the typing happens.
- Markdown has the content.
- GitHub hosts the code.
- Netlify hosts the site.
- Feather supplied my feed icon.
I adore seeing how other people solve similar issues to mine. I think we all get smarter when we share solutions.
Some 11ty organization ideas came from:
- Zach Leatherman: https://github.com/zachleat/zachleat.com
- I mean, the guy wrote 11ty so he has some ideas about how to use it.
- Sophie Koonin: https://github.com/sophiekoonin/localghost/
- meta tags, excerpts, OpenGraph image generation
- Good Markdown plugin suggestions:
- Lea Verou: https://github.com/LeaVerou/lea.verou.me
- Lots of good Markdown plugin stuff that I suddenly, desperately needed
- I love how her site blanks out tags that are only used once.
- also, for teaching me CSS in general, really
<aside>boxes shamelessly copied from css-irl.info